Quirk

Pamela Pickard: Magpie of the world!

Friday, November 14, 2008

I am Lazy Today


For my blogging today, here's an excerpt from an email to a friend.


"...Yay. It's Friday. Busiest day of the week here at my lovely research facility. It makes the day go by quickly. Tonight I have a baby shower for a friend. Her name is Bambi. She's due with a son, Maddox, in February. She showed me her latest ultrasound. There's an arrow and the word "penis" pointing to something unidentifiable to me. Usually I can spot a "penis" very quickly. This one needed a sign.

After the shower, there's troupe practice. We are 9 sweaty women crammed into Shanrae's living room laughing and bumping into each other.
Then after that, it's quiet time at home, just me, whatever movie is on, and a thimblefull of single-malt you know what. And probably another thimblefull. :)

Ah.

I found my current bottle in the barn where my apartment is. It was in a box of liquor being stored by my brother Scott. He no longer drinks at all, so I liberated his 60-year-old-plus Scotch in the name of freedom. I've been saving it for an evening of solitude and relaxation. I want to get to know it before I share it. I did have one tiny taste when I found the bottle. I was going to put it back in the box until I tasted it. I could not abandon the poor orphan delicious, not-too-peaty-not-too-sweet, melt-in-my-throat Scotchy Scotch. That would be just plain wrong.

I am off to run esoteric tests and compile mass quantities of data. Have a delicious not-too-peaty-not-too-sweet day,

Ahmi"


Ahmi, by the way, is my bellydance name, my SCA name, and the name I like to go by most of the time with my friends. It feels like my real name.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1/27/2009 2:43 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So sis, just had to liberate the bottle of scotch I've been storing for the past 20 years. Was it the Glenlevet or the Glenfittich? Save me a little, and I will have a drink with you when I get back up north.

 
At 1/27/2009 5:01 PM , Blogger Pam Pickard said...

Uh oh...Busted.
Scottie, I was just babysitting it for you, yeah. That's the ticket.
If I could afford it, I would have a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue waiting for you when you come back up North.

Hey, wait a minute...It's the Glenelevet. You've been holding out on me.

Scottie, if you get a chance, send you email addy and your Florida addy to me at momzilla11@yahoo.com. My Ipaq pooped.
I love you!

 
At 1/27/2009 5:08 PM , Blogger Pam Pickard said...

I mean it's the Glenkeith. Not the Glenlevet. Whatever it is, it is ever so tasty. There is plenty left for a snort with my big brother.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home