Quirk

Pamela Pickard: Magpie of the world!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Quilty Goodness

I have already finished this fabric journal for my sister. I neglected to take a picture of the finished book, but here are some shots of the different panels. They are stuffed but not yet quilted with pearl cotton thread.
This is the front cover minus the pocket that makes it look like the winged girl is wearing a long skirt.
This is the front-cover pocket, winged girl's skirt.

This is the inside of the front cover.


This is the inside of the back cover minus pocket/skirt.



This is the inside back-cover pocket/skirt.




This is the back cover.
All the wings were cut from an insect T-shirt that my mother-in-law got for me from The Wilderness Center in Wilmot Ohio. I felt bad that I never wore the shirt even though I loved it. There just aren't a lot of places to wear a bug shirt. One day I needed fabric wings for a project, and there was the shirt still crisp and new...SNIP, SNIP, SNIP! The guilt will pass eventually, I hope.






Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home