Quirk

Pamela Pickard: Magpie of the world!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Morning Escape





Here is what I saw this morning on my Sunday morning drive-&-park. Drive-&-parks are my recharging time every week. I leave the house before everyone wakes up, and I head out for, first of all, coffee. Then I drive, usually to a favorite park, cemetary, or just around the local area. I park, listen to the radio, journal, sew, people watch, and just get myself centered for about an hour every weekend.
After that, sometimes I get out of the car for a walk-&-photoshoot, sometimes I go in to work overtime at the lab, sometimes I do the shopping or the laundry, and sometimes I just go back home where everyone is still asleep.
I'm not sure why if it recharges me, or makes me sane. All I know is when I don't "sneak" out of the house in the early mornings on the weekend, I'm a little nutty during the week. I cope better, and I am more creative.

Here are some of the cornflowers (chicory) that bloom all alongside the roads this time of year here in Ohio. I took these pictures this morning in a field near my house where I sat and read through the newest issue of Art & Life from Teesha Moore. That blue/purple is one of my all-time favorite colors.




I still miss my Haley. Very much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home