Quirk

Pamela Pickard: Magpie of the world!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

So Busy, Yet so Nonproductive


I must be having a low period. All I want to do is sleep and sometimes weep. I run, run, run all day, then, BOOM, I crash in the evening. Up, shower, work, errands, exercise, cook dinner, pack lunches, fall down: that is my day. I have not picked up my art stuff in a few days even though my mind is almost always churning around with ideas for fantastical, colorful, fun creations. Instead I close my eyes and drift off a little fitfully.


At least my cupboards are full of good food, and we have clean plates to eat off of. There are navigable paths cleared through the rubble that is my house. What more could anyone ask for?


I will do some sleeping and get used to the added exercise program for some more days. Keep it simple. Stay connected to God and family and friends. Ask for help if I need it. Be in the present. Even though I feel a little weepy now, I know intellectually that it won't last. I must go through it, not around it. There is always, always, always light on the other side.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home